Redder Hander of Doomer (2nd RHOD Campaign)
- Humans are the most dominant race on the planet – or at least, they like to think they are. Found across the world, they are most common in Hesperia.
- Dwarves hail from the mountains, as one might expect. During the Time of Monsters, the Dwarf-lords made great cities in the hills of the world, and colossal forts in the mountains. They are at home in all places of the world, having built their colossal stone monuments in the hills to avoid the ravages of the era.
- Dragonborn are made, not born. Pagans that worship dragons and Mystery Cults from the east both revere the opportunity to become closer to dragons by being reborn as one. However, there is also a population of ‘natural’ dragonborn. Clergy and philosophers debate their origin, but some legends tell tales of slave-ships importing them during the height of the Julian Empire.
- Eladrin – the fey- are fair folk found wherever they please, though they most often hail from Albion. They have been known to construct cities far from human eyes and sensibilites – yet right under their noses. They are alien and aloof at times and often identify with one of the Sidhe Courts- Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. Certain groups have been known to adopt traits that bring them even closer to the fey – hooves, vestigal wings, elongated eyebrows or ears, or horns.
- Elves have a surprising similarity to humans; compared to the Eladrin, Elves have enjoyed and even embraced the company of humans. Their socities are often tribal or nomadic, but it is not unheard of for them to entirely integrate with human settlements. They are most often found in the East, in Ussuria, and to the great, untamed lands south of the Sea.
- Halflings hail from Albion and the sacred isles.
- Gnomes have led a hard life; manufactured and conjured as slaves to the Eladrin, they faithfully served their masters for eons until they fled for greener pastures in the mortal realm.
- Tieflings are the heirs to the ancient Julian Empire. During its decline, the most noble of houses – the Scipii, the Julii, the Brutii as well as others – made dark pacts for power and wealth. This spelt doom for the Empire as demons and devils flooded the lands, cursing the survivors of the families with their appearance.
- Deva are gifts from the gods, sent forth to do the gods’ will.
- Goliaths are a noble but simple people, exclusively tribal and pastoral nomads – at least, they were, eons ago. Now they lie scattered across the globe, shoved aside by the empires of men, cheated and lied to for their lands. Many were purported to have been imported on slave-ships from continents yet unknown.
- Half-orcs are the result of the ancient Steppe raiders from the East interbreeding and settling in human lands; they now possess their own society.
- Shifters are the progeny of lycanthropes, no longer cursed with their ancestors lunatic curse yet still bearing marks of their heritage. As the Aventine Church continues its crusade against lycanthropes, it becomes all but impossible to find true were-creatures.